I saw this floating around, so I thought I would join in!
1. How long have you been a military wife?
A little over a year
2. What branch of service is your husband?
4. What is his job?
He is the battalion S-3 training officer
5. How many deployments have you gone through?
None yet...we have our first one coming up later this year.
6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man?
Dress Blues because I only get to see him in them once a year
7. What do you like about being a military wife?
I like the group of friends that I've made and the pride that comes with being a military wife
8. Do you live on base?
Yup, we live in a high rise tower on base
9. What is your favorite base so far?
Well so far we've just have Camp Lejeune for his schooling and here in Okinawa...we definitely like Okinawa better!
10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
Not being able to plan things and the long separations
11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary?
We do most of our shopping at the commissary, but we go to the Japanese grocery stores for some stuff
12. Do you work or stay at home?
I stay at home. I babysit during the week, but it's nice not having to work right now
13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
All of my friends out here are military wives...it's what happens when you live on a small island in Japan! It's nice having people around who understand what you're going through though...and some of my friends are just a few doors away!
14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
Our PX is so tiny on our base. We usually go to the Air Force base and check out their BX, check the Japanese stores, or order online. No Walmart or Target out here!
15. How did your husband propose?
He proposed Christmas night with a coffee mug that said Marine Wife. I thought it was a joke and got really confused until he told me to check the inside of the mug...he had taped the ring inside
16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
After...he was already in when I met him
17. How long have you been together?
Since July 2009
18. Any kids?
19. Any kids yet to come?
20. Is your husband one of those "I am soldier hear me HOOAH" kind of guys?
Not really...he's proud of his job, but he doesn't go around telling everyone about it.
21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
Nah, he's probably afraid I'll kick his butt :)
22. How many bases have you lived at?
This is his first duty station
23. If you could change one thing about the military?
The planning! lol
24. Do you like military balls?
So far they have been pretty fun. It's nice to get dressed up and celebrate the guys!
25. Where does your family live?
My parents are in New Mexico and his are in Ohio. Both of us have brothers in the Marine Corps, so our parents get to enjoy their empty nests
26. What do you do for a job?
I babysit and explore the island to scope out new places to take the hubby!
27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
I have lots of movie days/nights with my friends. I also do a lot of baking, sewing, and scrapbooking
29. Do you think other wives do that too?
They may not do exactly what I do, but I'm sure they do what they can to stay busy.