1. How did you and your spouse meet?
A mutual friend told us we should talk. We started talking online and two months later, he was flying out to meet me in person and spend July 4th with me and my family!
2. How old were you when you two met?
He was 24, I was 23
3. How long have you been together?
We've been together 2 years and 8 months, married for 2 years next week! Yup...only dated 8 months before we got married. What can I say? When you know, you know.
4. Where are you and your spouse originally from?
I was born in California and eventually ended up in New Mexico. He was born and raised in Ohio.
5. How did you feel about him joining the military?
He was already going through TBS when we met. I was a military brat growing up though, so the lifestyle wasn't too new for me. My parents were thrilled to hear I was dating a Marine!
6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training?
OCS in Quantico, VA
7. Has your spouse ever been deployed?
Not yet. They keep teasing him with deployments and then assigning him somewhere else
8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony?
Nope :( We were still living in separate states for his last promotion. Hopefully I'll be pinning him in the next couple of months though!
9. How long have you been a military wife?
It will be 2 years next Monday!
10. Did you marry him before or after he joined?
11. How did your husband propose?
We were spending Christmas with his family in Ohio when he proposed. Christmas night he told me he had one last present for me and pulled out a brown lunch sack. Inside was a coffee mug that said "Marine Wife" and had the ring taped inside. I wasn't expecting it at all and according to him, it took me about 10 minutes to actually tell him yes.
12. Where did you get married?
We got married in Albuquerque, NM with a very small group of family
13. How old were you two when you got married?
We were both 24
14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day?
No, we had a small JOP ceremony, so we opted against the uniform.
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed?
Okinawa, Japan! LOVE IT!
16. Do you live on base?
Yes and we'll be moving to a new base soon
17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation?
Since he was still in school when we got married, he flew in for the wedding and I put him back on a plane that same weekend. I think we got 2 days of married life before we lived in separate states again for a few months.
18. What is your favorite base so far?
This is his first duty station. He went to to his MOS school in NC, but we definitely love Okinawa more!
19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform?
Absolutely! Not a big fan of them wearing sleeves down all year now, but seeing him in Dress Blues once a year for the birthday ball makes up for that!
20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life?
Not really sure
21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent?
I'd be a liar if I said I didn't.
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
Living on base overseas, it's hard not to. I've kept in touch with friends back home, but my friends out here are all military spouses.
23. What is the hardest part of the military life?
Not getting to plan. I like to know when something is going to happen and the military is teaching me to be a little more flexible with things.
24. Do you own military wife stuff?
I have a Marine Wife shirt that my mom passed down to me and also an angel holding a flag that says Marine Wife.
25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military?
Of course I do! If I wasn't willing and ready to support him, I wouldn't have married him. He loves his job and I love seeing him happy.